rly grateful for the friends i do have
i complain a lot but i’m actually v lucky to have these people in my life
i was putting together this collage thing that i’m gonna hang in my dorm and i just thought “fuck, i am so happy that i get to have these memories and i’m so lucky for all the memories that i have that i don’t have pictures of too” it sounds kinda lame but there are literally too many good times for me to even attempt to document on a collage…
we went to DISNEY together bro, DISNEY LAND. I got to go to DISNEY with all my best friends ugh <3
everyone has that one celebrity where no matter how shitty of a day you’re having just seeing their face or hearing their voice makes you smile and for that split second you forget about your reality and are taken away to that made up world in your head where it’s just you and them
there’s literally no comparison between the pressures to be thin and the pressures to be bigger
like if you think skinny-shaming and fat-shaming are equally prevalent then, son, no.
Not when you are laying around the house, not when you go to the grocery store, not when you sit in a classroom, not when you go to the gym. You are never obligated to get dressed up just so you are pretty for others.
Pretty is not the rent you pay to exist in the world as a woman.
this is real ok in college i’m gonna be hella done w/:
- hanging around or talking to people who i know don’t care about me anymore
- pretending to like people i never liked just for the sake of like… diplomacy and not wanting to burn bridges because fuck bridges ok burn those motherfuckers down like if bitches are blowing u off or whatever then you don’t fucking need those bridges and they were probably poorly built to start with and burning them down is your fucking civic duty
- settling for being third or fourth or fifth or twelfth on someone’s list when they’re my first or second
- doing shit that i don’t want to do or going to shit that i don’t actually want to go to but have gone to until now because like ~*OH I GOTTA MAKE FRIENDS HAHA IF I DON’T HAVE FRIENDS THEN PEOPLE WILL THINK I’M A LOSER, WE CAN’T HAVE THAT*~
- caring about what my fucking facebook wall looks like bc lets be real does anyone actually look at my facebook wall
- not expressing opinions (esp political/social opinions) for fear of throwing someone off guard or coming off as too frank or blunt or off-putting
like i just wanna fucking… live… my life now, i tried pleasing people and keeping friends and…. whatever for like all of high school and i can’t keep doing this in college like if you don’t have time for me and if you don’t care about me then fuck you because i care about me now and i can probably find someone else who will
and even if i can’t, fuck all you bitches anyhow. because doing shit alone is hella cheaper and i don’t have to worry about looking good
i don’t know why my high school has assigned the namesake as required summer reading for sophomores
none of them appreciate it and none of them are ever going to appreciate it because 95% of them can’t relate to it and don’t even want to bother trying and the 5% who can relate to it are embarrassed that their race and their culture is something they have to listen to a class of 25 white kids fumble over and sputter and whine about in their CP English class…..
if you’re going to read the namesake, you have to read it on your own time and because you want to
and if that means that practically no one reads the namesake anymore then that’s fine because i know, if i was a writer, i’d rather have 4 people read and understand my book than have thousands of people read it because they’re forced to and have it go completely over their heads.